IT/ELECTRONIC PATIENT RECORDS
STATEMENT OF INTENT FOR DENHAM MEDICAL CENTRE
New contractual requirements came into force from 1st April 2014 requiring that GP practices should make available a statement of intent in relation to the following IT developments:-
1. Referral Management – Use of NHS numbers on all clinical communications
2. On line appointment booking – Ability for patients to book appointments online
3. On line booking of repeat prescriptions – Ability for patients to request repeat medications online
4. Summary Care Record - Summary Care Records provide healthcare staff with faster, easier access to reliable information about you to help with your treatment.
Please visit http://systems.hscic.gov.uk/scr for more information.
5. GP2GP transfers - GP2GP enables the Electronic Health Record (EHR) of a patient to be transferred securely and directly to a new practice when the patient registers at that practice. The EHR should be available at the new practice within 24 hours of the patient registering - but will normally be a lot quicker than this.
Please visit http://systems.hscic.gov.uk/gp2gp for more information
6. Patient Access to records - Patients can have access to their medical record online, the government have mandated that practices must offer patients access to their medication, allergies, adverse reactions and immunisations.
Please visit http://www.england.nhs.uk/ourwork/pe/patient-online/po-public/ for more information
Denham Medical Centre is working closely with our System Suppliers and it is our intention to have all these developments available to our patients by 31st March 2016.