What is a Patient Participation Group (PPG)?
A PPG is a group of patients interested in health and healthcare issues, who want to get involved with and support the running of their local GP Practice. It is an 'honest friend' to the practice and one that assists in need.
If you would like to become a member of our Patient Participation Group please fill out the form below and hand it into reception. Alternatively call the surgery and ask for Helena who will be happy to assist you with any queries.
PPG Contact Form.docx
What is the purpose of a PPG?
- A PPG gives practice staff and patients the opportunity to, where possible, share decision-making in the running of the practice.
- Allows patients to make positive suggestions about the practice, involve further patients from the wider population, and be an advocate for patient preferences when appropriate.
- To encourage health education activities within the practice.
- To develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients, such as befriending, help with transport, and bereavement support.
- To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care.
What this is not
It is not a forum to discuss any personal gripes, this is done through the Complaints process.
Would you like to be part of Denham and Asygarth Medical Centre PPG?
We meet generally every 3 months for an hour or so and we discuss ongoing matters that concerns both practice and community. Aside from this, we will make contact, normally via email to advise of any updates.
This group will also be instrumental in supporting community events and possibly fund raising. If you do not have time for meetings, we can also offer a 'virtual membership'. This is the same as before, and you still have a valid input into the group, except you do not attend in person. Please advise us of your preference.
If you would like to join our PPG, please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form.
Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.